Mondly is available on computer, phone and tablet. More than 80 million people worldwide use this learning platform.
The Mondly method
Mondly uses a learning method based on oral expression using augmented reality and voice recognition. Mondly is also based on the inductive method “learning by doing,” meaning users learn a new language through listening and repetition.
Each learning module begins with a conjugation and grammar lesson. A chatbot then interacts with the user who can record themselves, listen to and correct their pronunciation. The lesson ends with a review of the concepts learned. Mondly uses the spaced repetition learning technique, revising previously-learned words and concepts on a regular basis.
If users are diligent and achieve goals, they earn stars that allow them to unlock new themes suited to their level of progress.
Mondly has various learning modes:
- Mondly Kids (for children);
- MondlyAR (based on augmented reality and immersion);
- MondlyVR (via a chatbot and voice recognition system);
- MondlyWorks (for companies).
The Gymglish method
Since 2004, Gymglish has been offering fun, adaptive online lessons for languages and more, based on regular sessions to optimize long-term gains and memorization because there’s no use developing wonderful educational tools if they aren’t used. Gymglish motivates and encourages its users to continue their progress by making e-learning as fun as possible.
A daily email or push notification: Gymglish users receive a lesson every morning (by email or push notification on mobiles and tablets) making lessons easily accessible. There’s no need to remember passwords and logins, meaning learners are more likely to stay on track.
Microlearning: 10 to 15 minutes a day is enough to complete a lesson. We recommend short but regular effort over the long run.
Adaptive learning: Our AI software adapts each lesson to the needs and level of the learner. He or she receives personalized content, explanations and corrections to make sure every minute is well spent.
Fun, practical content: our lessons include diverse characters and personalities, various accents, professional and personal situations, all with a touch of humour. Using humour in our storytelling not only helps memorization, but also stimulates motivation.
Spaced repetition learning: Depending on each individual’s learning speed and capacity to remember, the engine will define different time intervals for reviewing specific points. This optimizes long-term memorization and makes sure revision is as effective as possible.
Click here to find out more about Gymglish’s approach.
- Language skills tested: listening, reading, speaking, writing
- Access to progress statistics: time spent revising, number of words/concepts learned, etc.
- Gamification: integration of game mechanisms into the learning process (quizzes, challenges, etc.)
- Conversational chatbot: virtual reality option for more lively interaction with users
- Collaborative learning: users can compare language levels with their counterparts
Learn a new language with Gymglish
- Language skills tested: reading, listening and writing
- Innovative learning technologies: adaptive learning, spaced learning, and microlearning to ensure retention of knowledge over time
- Access to a User space which includes the latest lessons and corrections, areas of interest, statistics on each learner’s level, progress and participation rate, etc.
- Fun and engaging content to keep users motivated
- Cultural references at the end of each lesson (film extracts, series, songs, quotations, etc.)
- Free level assessment
- Personalization of lessons according to each learner’s level, strengths and weaknesses
Find out more about Gymglish’s features.
Mondly: for which level?
The platform is suited for all levels, from A1 (beginner) to C1 (advanced) on the CEFR scale.
Gymglish: for which level?
Gymglish is suitable for all levels except true beginners and offers a free trial after which each learner receives a complete level assessment (containing an outline of their current strengths and weaknesses).
How much does Mondly cost?
Mondly is based on a freemium model: the basic version of the app is free, but in order to access other features, learners can pay € 9.99/month for a monthly subscription (one language), € 47.99 for an annual subscription (one language). There is also a “lifetime” subscription at € 89.99 with unlimited access to all 33 languages offered.
How much does Gymglish cost?
All Gymglish’s language course prices are available here.
Gymglish vs. Mondly at a glance
|Free trial||Yes (7 days)||Yes (7 days)|
|Number of language courses||33||5 language courses|
|Platform||IOS and Android mobile application / Desktop||IOS and Android mobile application / Desktop|
|Strong points||Gamification, Conversational Chatbot Augmented reality mode Spaced learning||Adaptive learning Microlearning Spaced learning Fun, humorous content Certification Personalized learning plan Cultural references|
|Prices||From € 9.99 to € 89.99||From € 14 /month|
|Subscription period||Monthly, yearly or lifetime subscription||6 to 36 months.|
|Levels||All levels (A1 to C1)||All levels, except true beginners (A2 to C2)|
|Language skills tested||Reading, listening, writing, speaking||Reading, listening and writing (business and professional English)|
Learn a new language with Gymglish
- Babbel vs. Gymglish: which is best?
- Duolingo vs. Gymglish: which is best?
- Rosetta Stone vs. Gymglish: which is best?
- Mosalingua vs. Gymglish: which is best?
- Busuu vs. Gymglish: which is best?
- Memrise vs. Gymglish: wich is best?
- Lingvist vs. Gymglish: which is best?
- Italki vs Gymglish: which is best?
- HelloTalk vs. Gymglish: which is best?
- Drops vs. Gymglish: which is best?
- Duolingo English vs. Gymglish: which is best?