The BRIGHT English test is offered by BRIGHT Language, based in the USA. BRIGHT Language offers tests in 11 languages: English, Italian, French, Russian, Flemish, Mandarin Chinese, Dutch, Swedish, Portuguese, Spanish and German.
BRIGHT Language tests are recognized all over the world.
What is the test used for?
The BRIGHT English test is used by company managers and Human Resources departments to assess the language level of members of their teams.
Note: the BRIGHT English test is also suitable for students in higher education.
What does the test involve?
Like the vast majority of English language tests, the BRIGHT English test assesses candidates on listening and reading comprehension. Each of the two parts consists of 60 multiple-choice questions. Candidates are assessed on vocabulary, sentence syntax and grammar.
How long does the test take?
The test takes between 45 and 60 minutes depending on the candidate.
What levels can the BRIGHT test assess?
There are two BRIGHT English tests:
- Test: A Level Beginners English R NF for absolute beginners (A1/A2).
- Test English 120 General (general professional English) for all levels (A1 to C1+).
Gymglish creates short, fun, personalized online language courses. Our goal: your motivation, participation and progress
What grading system does the BRIGHT test use?
The BRIGHT English test results are graded on a scale of 0 to 5 and correspond to the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
|BRIGHT English Score||CEFR Equivalent||Gymglish Level|
Note: Like the TOEIC, the BRIGHT English test is valid for two years.
How much does the test cost? Where can you take it?
To take the test, candidates must first register at an approved BRIGHT Language center. The list of centers is available on their website
The test is then taken online (remotely) on the official BRIGHT Language platform.
The cost of BRIGHT English tests varies depending on the centers, who set their own prices. The preparation fee is approximately €300 and the test registration fee is €100.
|Name of certificate / diploma||BRIGHT English||Gymglish learning report, professional English|
|Validity period||Two years||Does not expire|
|Skills tested||Reading, listening||Reading, listening, writing (business and professional English)|
|Target level(s)||A1 to C1+||All levels, except beginners (A2 to C2)|
|Price||Approximately €400||From €14 /month|
|Duration||45 to 60 minutes||Training + learning report: 6 months|
|Face-to-face / Remote||Remote / online||Remote / online|
The BRIGHT test is one of many options for English certification. At the end of our English language training, we also provide a personalized learning report.
Related articles :
- English certification: 6 things to know about the TOEIC®
- English certification: 6 things to know about the TOEFL
- English certification: 6 things to know about Linguaskill (BULATS)
- English certification: 6 things to know about the IELTS
- English certification: all you need to know about the Cambridge English Advanced (CAE)
- English certification: 6 things to know about the Cambridge English First (FCE)
- English certification: 6 things to know about the Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE)
- Language certification: all you need to know about the DCL
- English certification: all you need to know about the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)