There can only be uno! Today, we explore a difference between Latin American and Castilian Spanish.
Note: Spanish is not a monolith – there are of course exceptions to the rule.
1) Coche vs. Carro
Tip #1 may drive you crazy.
2) Móvil vs. Celular
Tip #2 should always be in your pocket
3) Ordenador vs. Computadora / Computador
Tip #3 is digitally savvy.
4) Patata vs. Papa
Today’s tip is coming in hot.
5) Nevera vs. Refrigerador
Tip #5 is the definition of cool.
6) Gafas vs. Lentes
Tip #6 is a bit short-sighted.
7) Zumo vs. Jugo
Tip #7 is very juicy.
8) Bocadillo vs. Sándwich
Tip #8 is a tasty snack.
9) Gaseosa vs. Soda
Tip #9 will gas you up.
10) Cacahuete vs. Maní
Tip #10 is ideal for elephants and workers who deserve an increase to the minimum wage.
The tips above aren’t top enough for you? You’re insatiable. Why not try our online Spanish course for even toppier top tips?
Going further :
- 5 Spanish insults and curses to swear in style
- Cinco libros to learn Spanish (and feel muy smug afterwards)
- 6 Spanish tunes that will make you levantar las manos
- 5 free podcasts to improve your Spanish
- 5 dumb reasons to learn Spanish
- Five documentaries to improve your Spanish skills
- 5 classic films to learn Spanish
- Cinco Spanish-language television shows to improve your español
- Selected differences between Castilian Spanish and Latin American Spanish